Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Musings - Pretty Little Homes

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a doll house.
Well, my sister and I did get one when we were younger, but we never "completed" it.
Actually, it is still out at the farm in my dad's basement (some day I will get it and finish decorating it).

Since my maternal grandfather passed away, my mom's family that lives in Missouri have been going through everything that was Grandm's and Grandpa's.
They found a doll house that Grandpa had purchased and started putting together for Grandma.
They texted me (yes, texted) asking if I would like to have it for our daughter.
There was absolutely NO hesitation...I said "We would love to have it!"
See, when our son was younger he received a very special bear named Hodges from Great-Grandpa.
Hodges sat on their bed for more than 20 years with his buddy Calhoun (who was given to our nephew).
Since Logan had that treasure, I wanted Jillianne to also have a treasure from Great-Grandpa and Grandma.
I don't have any pictures of the unfinished doll house, but will take some at a later date.
The doll houses below were just a few that I found beautiful!
I am excited and nervous to take on the task of completing something that I will hold dear to my heart and hope that someday Jillianne will also appreciate the time and beauty of the intricate details of such a fine little home and show piece. I hope to do my Grandpa proud while I am putting it together.






3 comments:

pudgebutters said...

LOL - I had one of those dollhouses that never got completed. I guess that's just part of being a little girl. Cute pictures you have here!

Undeserving Grace said...

My daughter would love a little doll house she has a Barbie castle i'm afraid the pieces to a doll house would end up in our vacuum cleaner or lost forever. I'm now following, come by and say hello :)
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

Susi said...

I've always LOVED doll houses, and still do!! If I didn't do music, I'd get one of those to decorate as a hobby!