Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Whirl-Wind Weekend

3636468376_e648fff68d_large

This weekend was my weekend "off" from my journey.
I didn't really want to do it, but I knew there would be no way I could keep up my protein intake.

We attended a wedding that was out of town and we stayed the weekend with my in-laws.
I knew there would be good friends that we hadn't seen in ages and with that, a LOT of alcohol consumption at the wedding.
When you are around good friends, it is almost impossible NOT to have a good time and "let your hair down."

My father-in-law did all of the cooking at their house and I wasn't about to request anything out of the ordinary, so I just ate what everyone else was eating.
I'm glad I did too!
He made us seafood alfredo for lunch on Sunday!

We had a great time and it was well worth the weekend off from the "diet."

Now it is time to climb back up on that wagon and start dropping the pounds again!

I found a great application for my iPhone that will hopefully get me running again too.
I have tried the Couch to 5K before, but it was kind of tough to watch the timer on the tredmill while I was running. This app. is great, because it gives me the cues to speed up, slow down, run, or walk. I can even listen to my own play list on my iPhone.
Now, I just need to get to the gym or out the door and run.

No comments: