Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Living Lean Journey

Inspirational-quotes-08_large

With the first week of my living lean journey under my belt, I have learned a few things.

Check it out...

1) I really like chicken!
The best part about chicken is that I can "bake" it in the microwave!

2) String cheese is the most fun to eat while at work.
Hey, I don't have to share it with my kiddos!

3) It is possible to make low carb protein bars that taste great...
...oh, and pumpkin spice pancakes too.
Seriously, the recipes I have found are totally outstanding!

4) Exercise is definitely essential to weightloss.
I only walked one day last week, which means I didn't lose as much weight as I had hoped.
Here's to a new week and a fresh start with exercise!

5) No one, and I mean NO ONE makes a low carb protein bar.
Seriously?!?!?
The amount of carbs in one protein bar is nearly half of my daily carb allowance.
Ok, I don't need to buy a protein bar since I can make my own, but once in a while it is kind of nice to eat a protein bar that is a little bit more like a candy bar.
I'm just saying!

6) We should seriously think about investing in our own egg-laying chickens!
Holy smokes, we went through way too many eggs last week. Each of my protein bar recipes calls for at least 4 egg whites. Besides that, I will fix an egg for breakfast or hard-boil a dozen eggs for the week too.

7) I am down 4.5 lbs.
Yes, I am very proud of myself!

It is quite the feeling to wake up each morning and just get a feeling that you are thinner.
That happened to be how I felt after one, count it - ONE, day!
Amazingly, I had lost 2 lbs that day!
The best part is that some of my clothes actually fit better.
Mainly my shirts, but I don't care, it is just the beginning.

I am taking it slow and easy.
Reading the pages in the book that correspond to the day of the diet I am on.
I thought this might be a tad strange to me, but I have found that it is extremely helpful!
Keeping a written journal of my journey has been very helpful too.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a teeny tiny update on my Lean for Life Journey.
If I get the courage, maybe I'll post photos soradically throughout my journey, but no guarantees!

Hope you are having a spectacular week!

No comments: