Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sorry I've Been Gone for So Long...

Wow, having both kids home for the summer makes the weeks just fly by!

Prior to summer officially starting, I made up a calendar of the things that I thought would be fun to do with the kids so that we aren't sitting in the house all day every day. So far, it has proven to keep us pretty busy.

The first two weeks, the kids both had swimming lessons.
Last week, my vehicle was broken and I was too bummed to actually do anything, but we did end up walking to the grocery store and then went to the local children's zoo on Friday - Daddy even took the day off from work to spend it with us.
This week, I have my vehicle back! I can get back on my regular schedule of heading to the gym, working on my summer tan, and getting things cleaned up around the house.
Wednesdays we have been going to the library - thank goodness both of the kids enjoy going or it would be torcher! They are each allowed to get a book or books (usually the latter) and a Wii or X-Box 360 game (if there is something available).

This week I tried to get myself sitting in front of my sewing machine. I actually succeeded! I sat down to sew together a strapless shorts jumper for me to wear as a bathing suit cover-up or to do yard work or to wear whenever the hell I feel like it. I AM NOT TOO OLD FOR ONE! Well I only succeeded in sewing one half of each of the pockets into the shorts before I sewed through - YES, I said through - my own finger! Yep, took two stitches before I realized what I had done and then pulled my hand away, breaking the needle still IN my finger. I was able to pull the broken part of the needle out and thank GOD it didn't go through my fingernail! It bled pretty good, but I got it to stop and then finally decided it was okay to cry about it, but only for a little while until I started laughing at myself for making such a dumb mistake! I am a-okay! It is tender, but I can deal with tenderness. Needless to say, I stopped sewing for the day after that.

Well, I thought I was going to be on track for opening my etsy store starting July 1, but I think I am going to have to postpone it a bit longer. With being so busy with the kids over the past three weeks, I haven't made anything new! I have fabric cut out and ready to sew (I'm always cutting things out), but I just haven't done any sewing. Hopefully this week I will find some new motivation to get my butt sitting in front of the machine and put things together.

Okay, maybe next week... I am going to take the kids over to my mom's house while she is gone at a convention and try to get her backyard cleaned up and mowed - HOPEFULLY the rain will stop coming down so I can get that done on Thursday and Friday.

Quite a lot has happened over the past few weeks and I have photos, so I will be sure to fill you all in with pictures and try to get back on track with regular posts. Maybe a few sneak peeks as I get things done for the Warm Bouquet Boutique on etsy. Make sure you check back now and then to see if I have anything new to show you. ;-)

Love you all so much!
XOXO
Beth

1 comment:

Janna said...

Ouch!! That has always been a secret fear of mine--I think my mom did it when she was learning to sew. Thank goodness you didn't get the nail--I can't imagine how painful that would be!

I know what you mean about summer busyness . . . I keep thinking it is supposed to be more laidback than this!