Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happiness is...

Tumblr_ljr9wytrgr1qbbk7go1_500_large
source

Until I became a mommy, I assumed that being happy meant that life was perfect.
Now I know for a fact, that that's not even close...

Happiness to me, is all the imperfections that fill our days.

Happiness is waking up to my daughter climbing into our bed 2-3 times a night.
Happiness is watching my son try his hardest to hit that fast-ball, but striking out in the process.
Happiness is watching my husband play Polly Pockets on our floor that needs to be vacuumed.
Happiness is giggling when our boxer, Max, rips a nasty toot that will clear the room.
Happiness is having a child vomit down the front of you, because it is your child and you are caring for him/her.
Happiness, as much as I hate to admit it, is cleaning up the kitchen from dinner the night before, knowing that my husband and the kids ate a bountiful meal which keeps them healthy.
Happiness is arguing with my son to do his chores, because he is MY son after all and I am teaching him to grow into a responsible adult.

Happiness is NOT having a spotless house!

Happiness is having a mess here and a mess there to show that a FAMILY lives in this home and has fun together.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Could not agree more!!!