Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Musings

God Bless our Military!
Tumblr_lej9893cov1qzpxkgo1_500_large

Do you remember what you were doing on September 11, 2001?
I remember vividly where I was, what I was doing, and how I felt!

Our son was only 3 months old. I was at work in the drive thru at the bank where I worked.
I had been there for about 30 minutes when the news broke in on the radio stating that the first plane had flown into one of the "Twin" Towers.
Immediately I felt sick to my stomach and nearly passed out, because I just knew it couldn't have been an accident.
My husband (well, not at the time), was in the NE Army National Guard and I was so scared he was going to have to leave us to go to New York or worse, to Afghanistan.
That was the absolute worst day of my life, just waiting...

Do you remember what you were doing May 1, 2011?
I remember quite clearly!
The joy and excitement could not be contained by my husband nor myself.

Our son is now almost 10 and our daughter is 4.
I was sitting on the love seat putting the finishing touches on a hat for my future shop.
We had finished cleaning up the dinner dishes and were sitting in the livingroom watching CSI Miami when the notification flashed across the bottom of the screen...
"President Obama will make a statement at 10:30 p.m..."
My husband proceeded to flip through channels to find something that had information.
Fox News with Geraldo Rivera was on and telling the US what was happening.
I have never seen a news reporter clap from excitement like he did.

Facebook was flooded with posts about how excited people were.
Some friends that are still in the military hoping he died slowly, but most people just happy that he had been caught and killed.

A small price for him to pay for the thousands of people that have been killed or have given their lives for our country (and others) over the last 10 years.

I know that this will not put an end to terrorism, and it isn't going to bring our military men and women home any more quickly, but at least it is a step, a step in the right direction.

No comments: