Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

School has Started...

...and this momma's got a plan for around the house!

Since we moved into our house 5 years ago, my husband has been ironing his clothes for work in our bedroom. Do I have a problem with this? Well, no...
The problem I do have is that our ironing board and iron NEVER get put away!
This is what I hope to do, but also add a shelf up above for the iron.
(we do not have a door in the spot that I want to put this)
Oh, and get us a new ironing board. Can you believe the metal broke!?! Seriously???
Pinned Image

Since I had my goal of getting the house cleaned and in order before the start of school, I thought it would be a great idea to have chore check-offs for the kids to complete every day after they get home (yes, mom and dad too). I found this idea here.
Pinned Image

Of course, I am making them more appropriate for our family and then will have them laminated to be used over and over and over and...well, you get the idea. Hopefully this will mean a clean house every day and less for mommy to do before she has to head to work in the afternoon.

Ok, we have a realatively large house...5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, and two livingroom areas. Our bathrooms however, are not all that big (especially the master bathroom).
I found this idea and thought it would be perfect in our master bathroom and one of our guest bathrooms. The master bathroom especially, since there is virtually no storage in there.

Pinned Image
hmmm.... this could work in our walk-in closet too...

The kids bathroom is in serious need of redecorating.
When we moved in, I thought it would be fun to make the bathroom more child-like and fun.
Now, I am ready to make it a little bit more grown up.
Not completely sophisticated or anything, just not the cartoon fish, turtles, and octopus's any more.
I also want the kids to be reminded of these 4 little things that they, for some odd reason, keep forgetting to do!

Pinned Image
That shower curtain is kind of cute, but I won't subject my son to something quite that frilly.

There are so many projects I want to get done now that the kids are both in school.
I guess to prove I have actually completed anything, I will just have to prove it and take photos along the way...
If I actually get them done...

Just kidding, I will eventually get them done, it just may not all be done immediately.

I do have to adjust to the fact that I am home all by my lonesome during the day now.

No comments: