Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reaching Out

Guest written by our friend Katie Callahan

Reading online about ADT security reviews has convinced me that I need to get one for my mom’s house. She’s getting up there in age and I like that a lot of alarms can do things like call the fire dept if they feel smoke and even detect carbon monoxideif that’s an issue. I love my mother to death but I can’t go over to her house every single day to check on her so I need something to help me out. I wish I could afford to have a nurse come by daily and take care of her but that’s just something that’s easier said than done. I wish my siblings would help more but I think because they’re so far away distance wise that it’s sort of out of sight, out of mind for them, you know? they’re not bad people but they’re just caught up in their own lives and they don’t see how much help I really need when it comes to taking care of mom.

No comments: