Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Bit Neglectful

The past couple of weeks, I have been so neglectful of all of you wonderful, fabulous readers!
I have been a bit busy with projects that I am being paid to get done.
The first one is a rather gargantuan large t-shirt quilt. I kinda procrastinated a little bit and when my wonderful friend asked "how it is coming along," I said it would be done by the end of this week.
Now I am biting my tongue, because I was planning to take the quilt top and the backing outside to the driveway (no, we don't have oil stains - my husband is anal about our yard, garage, and driveway) to lay everything out and pin the top to the bottom. Unfortunately, it looks as though we may be getting a bit of rain tomorrow and Friday, so I guess I am going to have to attempt to spread the whole thing out in the house somewhere. I just don't know where!

Another item on the agenda is a Clara Barton nurse uniform. I have the fabric and now I just need the pattern. Of course, this has to be done on a short time frame for a 10-year old girl's school project. I told her mom I would have it done by May 2nd. Thank goodness I found a pattern that is super simple AND will be able to use for my daughter when she goes off to heritage school in the 4th or 5th grade. Heck, I might even get some requests from some of her school friends parents when that time comes. Okay, I am jumping 5 or 6 years into the future, but hey it's always a possibility!

Once these short deadlines have been met, I promise I will start doing more stuff in the shop. Especially the "showing off" part of what's up-and-coming!

I have some great fabric to start using up for kitchen coordinates (spring and summer) and new lullaby items (think GIRLY).

I was also going through my "craft room" and realized I have a mountain lot of fabric, so I am going to try making some handbags, diaper bags w/changing pads, and market totes.
These may or may not be added to the shop. If I do decide to add them however, it would not be until later in the year. I just have to find something to do with all of the fabric.
My goal is to use up as much fabric as I can before I purchase anything else, but I have made that goal before and didn't manage to follow it.
We shall just have to see what happens in the next few months I guess!

If you seem to notice that I am not updating as often, just know that I am still here, I am still blogging, I am just super busy with deadlines.
I will be back though, don't fret!

Hugs!!!
Beth

No comments: