Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Down and Out

I am so disappointed. I was looking forward to do a lot of sewing to make Christmas gifts this year. Unfortunately, I had a silly accident on Thanksgiving that will keep me away from my sewing machine for at least 4 weeks. I was walking down the stairs at home and missed the bottom step. I landed on the main floor and heard and felt a "pop" in my foot. For about 2 hours, I sat with my foot elevated and put ice on it, but I absolutely could not put any weight on it. Finally, I decided it was time to go get it checked out. What better time to do than when we had people over that could stay with our kids while we went to the emergency room. Long story short... They took 3 X-rays and came back and said I had broken a bone in my foot. It was a complete break. Unfortunately, it is my right foot, so sewing is pretty much out for me, as is driving and working. U til I see the orthopedic doctor I have been on crutches and non-weight bearing for my right foot. It will be in the splint from the ER u til I can get in to see the orthopedic doctor (hopefully on Monday or Tuesday). I am rather bummed about the whole situation because I really don't like being helpless. Just taking a shower is a huge ordeal. Don't even get me started on doing my laundry. It took me 10 minutes to get my laundry basket to the washer and put the clothes in the machine. It is going to take some getting used to, but I don't have a choice and neither does my family. I really hate that I have to miss work! That part really stinks!

No comments: