Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Beauty Solutions

I am not a vain person, but I do like to think that I take good care of myself.
The only problem is that beauty products are so stinkin' expensive and I am not one to spend a lot of money, unless it is my hair, I like to have my hair looking nice! Who doesn't?

Anyway, as you all know, I am a Pinterest-holic...
So, I have been attempting to pin things that deal with beauty, but can be made from things I already have in my house - bathroom, kitchen, etc.

I have not attempted any of them yet, but this first one is going to be something I try first.
It doesn't hurt to try something right?

Pinned Image
How to get white nails -- make a paste using 1 tbsp peroxide and 2 1/4 tbsp baking soda. Let this paste sit on your nails for 5 minutes and voila! White nails!
This will be great since I wear a lot of dark nail polish on my toes.
Maybe I will fore-go the polish altogether if it works well!

During the summer, I am very particular about my feet looking nice.
I wear flip flops and sandals nearly all the time, so I don't want to have rough nasty heals and I definitely want to keep any nail fungus or the like off of my feet.

Pinned Image
Vinegar Foot Soaks (click on photo to go to the website)

I don't know what has happened, but recently I have started dealing with breakouts.
Okay, I am 34 years old, seriously I am way past the time in my life that I should have to deal with acne! It has gotten to the point that I made an appointment with my husband's dermatologist, because I am so frustrated with it!
However, that being said, I am still going to attempt to take care of the problem even before I see the doctor about it. Pinterest has had a few things I plan on trying, as long as I don't eat or drink them first!

Pinned Image
(click photo to go to website)

Pinned Image
(click on image)

Pinned Image

I honestly cannot wait to try these out.
My skin will hopefully love me for the pampering and I will feel better about myself too.


No comments: