Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My First Donation

My husband is a huge hunter. Every year, he attends the Pheasants Forever banquet in McPherson, Kansas.

Last year, he had a wild idea to submit a donation for their silent auction and he wanted me to make something. I had kind of forgotten about it until about a month before the banquet (which was last weekend, February 23).

I had no idea what I was going to make, but I took off to the fabric store and found some fabric. Yep, I was flying by the seat of my pants. When I got home, I was looking through patterns and tutorials I have gathered over the past couple of years and finally decided!

The Pheasants Forever banquet is attended by men and women, so I thought why not make something for women? I decided to go with some kitchen/dining room accessories and a couple bottles of wine from a local vineyard. They had the perfect options for wine!

The best part is that it brought in around $200, which was double the value of the whole gift basket. Check out what I decided on, I think it was perfect.






No comments: